Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hanging out in Cloverdale...

I think I'm getting the hang of this blogging business finally. I don't have any photos because I haven't taken any! We didn't get the camera out at Clear Lake because of all the smoke from the fires. And now we're at the Russian River Thousand Trails Preserve and it's also not exactly worthy of photographs. It's an okay campsite for us to spend the five nights we need between camping with friends - especially at $10 per night for hookups. I've got everything except TV reception and the WIFI is at the lodge. This area is along the Russian River, but the scenery is a lot like home with oak trees and poison oak - and yes - snakes (not that I've seen any yet..)
We went wine tasting which was great as there are hundreds of very large wineries here. I'm just getting over a four day cold and Steve has now officially caught it so he's in the trailer moping. I'm very glad our trailer isn't any smaller or there would be murder to report.
Saturday is a big day here at the campground, which for a Thousand Trails, hasn't been very lively. There's a pancake breakfast, ice-cream social and a "candy bar" bingo game in the evening. What this park needs is a POOL!

No comments: